Is it better to be in a relationship or to play the field? It seems the grass is always greener on the other side. Here are the best and worst things about being in a serious relationship:
· You always have a date. When you’re in a relationship you always know that you have someone to hang out with on Friday night, someone to take to your cousin’s wedding and someone to show up at parties with. There’s never any scrambling to find someone at the last minute or missing out because you don’t have someone to go with.
· A deeper connection. It’s great to go out on casual dates with various people, but you never really make it past the small talk stage, When you’re in a relationship you just keep getting closer and closer, intensifying your connection with each other as you get to know each other better.
· You’re never lonely. You don’t have to sit at home eating popcorn for one while all your friends are out on a Saturday night. Being in a relationship means that you’re never lonely.
· You always have someone to talk to. When something great happens, or when life gets tough – being in a relationship means always having someone to share your ups and downs with.
· Dating is hard work. Always having to be meeting new people and going on endless first-dates takes a lot of energy. Being in a relationship means not having to go out looking for new people to meet and trying to score dates.
· Lack of variety. Having a boyfriend or girlfriend means spending time with the same person, day after day. If you’re the kind of person that likes variety, you might get bored being with the same person all the time.
· Commitment. Being in a relationship requires commitment. Maybe that’s not your thing, or maybe you’re enjoying being young and seeing what life has to offer. Commitment can be great, but it can also feel a lot like being tied down.
· You could be missing out. Maybe the right guy or girl is just around the corner but if you’re in a relationship you could be missing out on meeting them. Chances are you’re not out meeting new people if you’re already in a relationship and this might feel like you’re limiting yourself.
· Complacency. Being in a relationship can get dull if you spend all of your time together and are always doing the same old thing. You aren’t going to grow as a person if you’re not experiencing new things.