In any relationship, there are things you can do that are guaranteed to drive the other person crazy, no matter how attracted they are to you. If you want to keep your partner from resenting you, never do these 6 things:
1. Cling. Being clingy, needy and smothering your partner will get on their nerves quickly. Always needing to know what they’re doing and insisting on spending every second together will suffocate them and make them desperate to get some space – away from you.
2. Nag. No one likes to be nagged at, and constantly hounding your partner will drive them away from you. You should focus on your partner’s positive attributes rather than harping on them about every little thing. If you’re a nag it won’t be long before they’re totally miserable in the relationship.
3. Whine. It’s not fun to be around someone who whines and complains about everything, whether you’re in a relationship or not. Being a whiner will bring your partner down and they won’t have fun being around you. Don’t be a downer if you want your partner to be happy with you.
4. Sulk. If you don’t get your way, don’t pout or sulk about it. This childish behavior gets really old, really fast and will really annoy your partner. Learn to compromise and accept that you won’t always get your way and you’ll both be happier for it.
5. The Silent Treatment. If you’re mad or upset about something just come out and say it. Giving your partner the silent treatment while they have to guess what they did to upset you will be frustrating for both of you. It won’t be long before they just want to get away from you.
6. Manipulate. Trying to manipulate your partner is extremely annoying and immature. If you want something in the relationship you should be able to communicate it to your partner. If you have to manipulate them into something then you are taking the wrong approach and you’ll both end up unhappy in the end.