It’s not difficult to be a great boyfriend/girlfriend and keep your partner happy in your relationship. All it takes is a little effort and some simple gestures that let them see how much you care:
1. Stay in touch. Communicate with your partner often, throughout the day to let them know that you’re thinking of them. They don’t have to be long, drawn out conversations every time, just quick chats or even texts will get the message across.
2. Compliment them. Don’t get complacent and forget to tell them how hot they look or how much you love their cooking. Hearing you praise them will make them feel awesome and they’ll probably reciprocate by telling you all the things they love about you.
3. Make time. It’s really easy to get so busy that you don’t make time for each other, so make it a priority and make sure to schedule time to spend time together.
4. Touch. Make a point of finding little ways to touch your partner, like holding hands or touching their arm or leg when you’re talking. It will make them feel special and close to you.
5. Show appreciation. Don’t get into the habit of taking them for granted and not appreciating the little things that they do for you. If they do something nice for you make sure that you thank them and tell them how much you like it.
6. Surprise them. Show them that they’re special by finding little ways to surprise them. Even if you’re just going out to dinner like you always do, don’t tell them where you’re going and make it a surprise. It keeps things more fun and shows that you’re not getting stuck in a boring routine.
7. Smile, laugh, and have fun together. When you’ve been together for a while it’s easy to get into a mundane routine. Make sure to still have fun together and not take things so seriously.
8. Anticipate their needs. Show them that you’re thinking of them by anticipating their needs. If they tell you they’ve had a hard day at work, show up at their house with a DVD and ice cream for a quiet night in. They’ll be touched that you’re so in tune with what they need.
9. Treat them. Don’t wait for special occasions to buy them little gifts or tokens. Even something simple and inexpensive like flowers or their favorite magazine can go a long way.
10. Flirt. Just like you did when you first started dating, flirting is a fun and easy way to show them how much you care and how into them you are. They’ll love feeling that they still catch your eye.