Not all issues in relationships require hours of talking and lots of work to correct. Some of the most common relationship conflicts can be resolved in quick and simple ways. Here are some of the most common conflict quick fixes:
· Poor time management. So many couples find themselves arguing and frustrated because they feel that they don’t spend enough time together and they feel that their partner doesn’t make enough time for them. Quick Fix: schedule in time each week that’s just dedicated to spending time together. It can be the same time every week or change according to your schedule, just make sure to slot each other in the way you do with meetings and appointments.
· No alone time. Couples often argue when one person feels that they are constantly busy, surrounded by friends, families and distractions and that there isn’t enough alone time as a couple. Quick Fix: similar to the one above, only this time you need to schedule time for just the two of you. Make it a priority and say no to one party or group social event and dedicate time to be alone with your partner. It’s so easy to do and the gesture will go a long way, especially if you make it a regular habit.
· Not appreciated. If one of you is feeling unappreciated in the relationship it can lead to a lot of resentment and conflict. Quick Fix: make a point of thanking each other for the nice gestures and finding time once each day to tell your partner something that you appreciate about them. Doing it on a regular basis ensures that your partner will always feel appreciated.
· Lack of communication. If you and your partner feel like two ships passing in the night, never getting a chance to talk to each other, it frustration can build up quickly. Quick Fix: make a point to call and check in with your partner once a day. It doesn’t have to be a long conversation, just a simple call or text to ask how their day is and let them know what you’re up to can go a long way in bridging the communication gap. Then when you see each other you won’t have to feel like you haven’t talked in forever.
· No romance. It’s easy to get complacent in your relationship, especially if you’ve been together for a long time. This leads to boredom and feeling like you’re being taken for granted. Quick Fix: take one of your date nights each week and make a point of making it more romantic. Maybe you dress up a bit more, go somewhere a little bit nicer, talk a walk together after dinner, etc. Some small gestures of romance on a regular basis will soon become a habit and your relationship will stay fresh.
· Feeling smothered. If you and your partner spend a lot of time together it’s easy for one or both of you to start feeling smothered. Quick Fix: give each other some space on a regular basis. Maybe one night a week you take a break and do your own thing. You’ll feel refreshed and look forward to seeing each other again afterwards.
· Fights that stew. So many couples end up having huge blowout fights that start from little things that have been left to stew. Quick Fix: speak up right away if there’s something that’s bugging you, even if it’s small. You’ll get it off your chest and your partner will have a chance to apologize and change their behavior before it gets to be a huge deal.